WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information:
- personal information you knowingly choose to disclose and
- information that we automatically collect as you browse our website.
- Personal Information
- We collect and store any information you entered on our website or provided to use in offline contacts. Information is collected from visitors in the following areas:
- REGISTRATION FORMS – If you register to the website or for specific events or newsletters, we will generally ask you to provide contact information and preferences regarding the event or materials.
- ORDER FORMS – Occasionally, we may allow products or services to be ordered off the website. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction that is furnished by you. This may include contact information, date of birth, email address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- SURVEYS – At times, we may ask you to complete survey questions that appear on the website.
- DISCUSSION FORUMS – Occasionally we may make chat rooms or message boards and/or news groups available to our users. Please be aware that that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when disclosing personal information.
- EMAIL – You have an opportunity to communicate to us via email. You may also choose to provide us with your email address to receive communications from us or third parties.
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS – You may submit information related to job and freelance opportunities with Progressive Products. Please note that your submission of pre-employment information may be further governed by specific provisions that appear on the job posting section of our website.
- Information Collected and Stored
- Automatically When you browse our website, you and your web browser may transmit information that we automatically collect. We do log your IP address, the web pages you visit, the time of your visits and any other click-stream data. This information may be combined with other personal information you have provided. We also place small data files, called “cookies” in the browser file of your computer’s hard drive. These cookies automatically identify your browser to our server whenever you interact with our website. We use the cookies to record website statistics. Most browsers automatically accept the cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to communicate with you if, and when necessary, in connection with your use of our website to respond to your questions or to send you materials and information you requested.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent, license, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information of our website visitors to unaffiliated third parties. However, we may share your information among subsidiaries or affiliates as necessary to provide you with the information and services you requested.